A short article showing you the two different ways to change the background image used on your doorsign.
There are two ways to do this, and the place to do both is at the same page. This first step will walk you through where to navigate in order to get to this page.
Note: This article assumes that a Doorsign resource has already been created and set up.
- Open up the OMNI platform, click the Locations tab and then click on the location where the Doorsign is assigned.
- Here, you want to go into the "Info" tab. At the bottom of this page, you will see that there are 4 smaller tabs with different icons. One has an 'i', next one has a long table with chairs around it, which is the one we want. Click this one.
- Here you can see the Doorsigns that are attached to the location you have selected. Next step is to double click the relevant doorsign.
This is the page that we want to be in to edit the background for your Doorsign, and this is where I will tell you about the two different possibilities to change it.
- The first one we will look at is the most direct way.
- In this page, you will see a camera image (or if you've changed it at another time, it will show the previously uploaded image) on the top right of the window.
- If you click the image, a file explorer will pop up and you can select the image you want as a background and it will upload it to OMNI.
- To enable it, you will have to toggle this option by clicking the box on the right of the image. Now you have your newly selected image as the background image!
- The other way is by doing it the "Databeat" way.
- First we must create a channel under the "Media" tab by selecting the Media tab and then the big + next to the search bar.
- Name it what you like, but you must select the "Doorsign" option at the bottom of the Channel Properties window. Here you can select between "Doorsign" and "Overview".
- Publish the image(s) you wish to display as a background for your Doorsign in this channel.
- Once the channel has been created, find your Doorsign under the "OMNIPlayers" tab and double click it.
- Above the preview window (where you see how the Doorsign will look), you can see the "Channel" text in bold. To the right of it, there is a pencil you can click.
- Here, you will see a list over the available channels that can be used for the Doorsign. Select the channel we created earlier, and the channel will be used for the background image.