With PowerPoint Publisher, you can publish content directly to your public display without DatabeatOMNI. Here's how you can install Databeat PowerPoint Publisher Plugin for Microsoft PowerPoint version 2010 or newer.
This article is outdated. Please use the new install guide:
Do not use this method, unless specifically told to by the Databeat Support team.
Installation of PowerPoint Publisher
NB! This add-in only works for Microsoft PowerPoint version 2010 or newer. For Windows, not Mac.
How to install
- Add Databeat as a trusted site in Internet Explorer
- Install Microsoft Office Visual Tools
- Install Databeat PowerPoint Publisher for PowerPoint
1. Add Databeat as a trusted site in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select Settings and Internet Options
- Select Security - Trusted Sites - Sites
- Remove the checkbox for Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone
- Add https://www.databeatomni.net/ as a trusted site
2. Install Microsoft Visual Studio Tools
- Open https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48217
- NB! Choose the same language as selected in your Office Pack
- Select Download and save the file vstor_redist.exe
- Right-click on vstor_redist.exe and select Run as administrator
- Accept License Agreement and select Install
- When the installation is complete, select Finish
3. Install Databeat PowerPoint Publisher for PowerPoint
- Exit PowerPoint if the program is running
- Copy https://www.databeatomni.net/dbpp and paste in Internet Explorer
- Select Install
- Run PowerPoint. DatabeatOMNI will now be available in the tooltip bar.
Databeat PowerPoint Publisher installation is complete and ready for use.