This explains how to configure Doorsign settings in the DatabeatOMNI User Interface
NOTE: DATABEATbooking is a new product that extends the use cases of our DATABEATdoorsign product a step further into multi-tenant booking. We are, as always, still developing many useful features based on your feedback. Your product feedback is well appreciated and likely to affect our development priorities.
The Doorsign UX
The header is coloured Orange to show that it has been linked to your organisations Microsoft 365 Account. It shows the name of the Room, Resource or the User the Doorsign presents. Colour-coding is used to show the type of info, settings:
- Orange/White: Information stored in Microsoft 365 and not editable in DatabeatOMNI for Security and confidentiality. White/black when no info exists.
- Blue/White: Information that can be displayed on the Doorsign/Wayfinding. White/Black when no info exists.
- White/Green: Configuration/settings. Green when enabled, white when disabled.
Header and Top Row
This is information that can be displayed on the Doorsign screens. Use the Info section to add a Nametag (ie if the standard roomname is too long to display), Description, Floor and Building if relevant. Enable the remote control icon to display a Remote control info section on the Doorsign screen that informs users about the remote control. (NB For Samsung and LG selected models only).
Use the WiFi to add info about Guest Networks, Directions and Zone. Click on each icon to add, edit or clear the information. The
The Zone is used on the Doorsign to Search for rooms "nearby". Rooms/Resources in the same zone is considered to be nearby.
Capacity is practical information during booking. (ie how many seats are available). and can also be displayed on the screen.
Calendar is to select which office Calendar is being used (Microsoft 365 allows multiple calendars for rooms, resources and people). It is only possible to select if there is more than one calendar on the object.
Booking. This enables your resources to be shared with DATABEATbooking (a multi-tenant booking solution), Click on this to enable calendar sharing.
Picture. Here the user can upload and crop a picture that can be used on the screen, ie as background on the Doorsign. To enable this feature, click on the checkbox to the right. It will have a green frame around it to show that it is enabled.
It contains a preview of the Doorsign screen, with the selected template, background and channel to be used. It shows the same as the relevant Doorsign, it is practically a live preview.
Select a Doorsign channel to use for this Doorsign. It is used for two reasons:
- The format/aspect ratio. Doorsign screens can have various aspect ratios and it is important that the player knows how to display and align the content on the screen. Doorsign Channels are recommended to have the aspect ratio or resolution in the name. The templates (overlays) are responsive and will adapt to the resolution.
- Content. A Doorsign channel can be an all-black or white graphic file, which is OK if the user wants a neutral design for the Doorsign. But, it may also contain one or more videos and/or pictures. The content can be scheduled and it works the same way as Databeat Signage does, but only a single playblock is possible.
Tip If a Picture is selected to be used (uploaded and checked (top row), the relevant picture will be added on top of the channel and only that will be the background.
If you want to use a channel that you want to be displayed, disable the picture.
Templates (Design & Layout)
Designed templates are used for Wayfinding, and may include symbols to indicate, right, left, up the stairs, elevator etc. Templates can be made by Databeat or any other capable programmer.
Tip For a user to have access to the Template editor, the user must have the coding role (set in the DatabeatOMNI "User" Tab - top left)
Contains info related to features and logic on the Doorsign screens.
Screensaver. DatabeatOMNI allows users to set the Operational hours pr day. Ie, an office is open from 07:00 - 17:00. By enabling this feature the Dorrsign will go to sleep (mode) outside these hours to save electricity and the screen itself.
Touch. Enable/disable Touch features on the Doorsign (the hardware must obviously be a touch screen). This opens up new possible features.
Scroll Title. This enables the title to scroll, ie when information is too long to fit in the programmed container.
Search rooms This enabled a button displayed on the Doorsign interface to allow users to search for other available rooms/resources.
NFC/RFID card. A card icon will be displayed on the Doorsign screen and a card must be presented to enable onscreen features. The Doorsign must have an NFC/RFID reader, Databeat DSxx plus or QBIC TD-0350. A card contains a specific ID that represents organisations /departments and must be configured with DATABEATdoorsign before use.
- Self-register allows a Microsoft 365 administrator to scan his card, and automatically add the Card Serie to the system, rather than add it manually in the system.
- Mandatory registration. When NFC/RFID cards are enabled users may register their card to their Microsoft 365 userID. Users can click on the Doorsign screen to open a Microsoft 365 login. After the authentication process, the user's card id is stored in his account.
When Mandatory is enabled, users will not have the option to Book rooms on-screen or Search for nearby rooms, unless the user has linked his OfficeID to the card.
- Start Using "Auto" The Doorsign will automatically start the event (display "occupied" status) regardless if anyone is there or not.
- Start Using "User" A user must click on the relevant button to start the event or else the event will be cancelled (according to the release setting below).
- The room/resource will be reserved the number of minutes before the event is to take place, allowing people to ie arrive, sit down etc. The reserved status will be displayed only if a previous booking is not finished immediately before (back-to-back).
Release (If unused)
- If "Start Using" (See above) is set to "user" (manual check-in), the resource will be released x minutes after the event was scheduled and free it up for anyone to book.
- Tags For Searching and Grouping in the OMNI UX
- The red X to delete the Doorsign from the Database
- Info, the DATABEATdoorsign Licensekey
- Save To Save the relevant Information to the Database.