This explains how to configure Doorsign settings in the DatabeatOMNI User Interface
NOTE: This is a new Feature in the Databeat Doorsign 2 Project (Q3/2021). Some of the features have been enabled in the current release, but not yet all. Design and features may change in the final release.
Here is the new UX
The header is coloured Orange to indicate that it is linked to your office 365 Account. It shows the name of the Room/Resource or User that the Doorsign is to represent. The name is provided by the Office 365 Account and is stored there. It must therefore be changed there as well (not possible to change in this User Interface).
As a general principle, the enabled features are coloured Orange or Green. It means the same (that they are enabled), but Orange is for information that is stored in the Office 365 Account - customers own Office365 server, not on the DatabeatOMNI server), for security and confidentiality reasons.
Information that can be used to add on the Doorsign screen. Description, WiFi Info and Directions. This info is stored on the Office 365 Account and coloured Orange when enabled, white when there is no information and disabled. Click on each icon to add, edit or clear the information.
Capacity is practical information during booking. (ie how many seats are available). and can also be displayed on the screen.
Calendar is to select which office Calendar is being used (Office 365 allows multiple calendars on each room resource/people). It is only active if there is more than one calendar on the object.
Booking. To enable your calendars for DatabeatBooking (a multi-tenant booking), the Office 365 Calendars needs to be shared with it. Click on this to enable calendar sharing with DatabeatBooking.
Zone. To each location, the user can add different Zones. (ie 4th Floor, 3rd Floor etc). This information can be used to search the nearby available rooms, ie when the current room is already booked. Rooms in the same zone are considered to be nearby.
Picture. Here the user can upload and crop a picture that can be used on the screen, ie as background. To enable it, click on the checkbox to the right. It will have a green frame around it to show that it is enabled.
It contains a preview of the Doorsign screen, with the selected template and background to be used. The preview retrieves information and updates the same way as the actual Doorsign do, and will practically be a live preview.
To the upper left, the user can select which channel to use for the specific Doorsign. This is the background (visible or not) that dictates two things:
- The format/aspect ratio. Doorsign screens can have various aspect ratios and it is important that the player knows how to display and align the content on the screen. Doorsign Channels are recommended to have the aspect ratio or resolution in the name. The templates (overlays) are responsive and will adapt to the resolution.
- Content. A Doorsign channel can be an all-black or white graphic file, which is OK if the user wants a neutral design for the Doorsign. But, it may also contain one or more videos and/or pictures. The content can be scheduled and it works the same way as Databeat Signage does, but it may only contain a single playblock.
Tip If a Picture is selected to be used (uploaded and checked (top row), the relevant picture will be added on top of the channel and only that will be the background.
If you want to use a channel that you want to be displayed, disable the picture.
Tip For a user to have access to the Template editor, the user must have the coding role (set in the DatabeatOMNI "User" Tab - top left)
Contains info related to features and logic on the Doorsign screens.
Screensave. DatabeatOMNI allows users to set the Operational hours pr day. Ie, an office is open from 07:00 - 17:00. By enabling this feature the Dorrsign will go to sleep(mode) outside these hours to save electricity and the screen itself.
Touch. Enable/disable Touch features on the Doorsign (the hardware must obviously be a touch screen). This opens up new possible features.
Scroll Title. This enables the title to scroll, ie when information is too long to fit in the programmed container.
Search rooms This enabled a button displayed on the Doorsign interface to allow users to search for other available rooms/resources.
NFC/RFID card. This enables a card icon to be displayed on the screen and allows the screen to read cards. (the Doorsign screen will have to have a reader and be compatible with the cards in use). A card may contain a specific ID that represents organisations/departments that have access to the screen so that the Doorsign will only accept touch input from relevant users. (else touch is disabled).
- Self-register allows an Office 365 administrator to scan his card, and automatically add the Card Serie to the system, rather than add it manually in the system.
- Mandatory registration. When NFC/RFID cards are enabled users may register their card to their Office 365 userID. Users may click on the Doorsign screen to open an Office 365 login. When authenticated the user's card id is stored in his account. When Mandatory is enabled, users will not have the option to Book rooms on-screen or Search for nearby rooms, unless the user has linked his OfficeID to the card.
- Auto means that the Doorsign will automatically start a meeting (display "occupied" status) based on the time form the meeting, regardless if anyone is there or not.
- User means that a user must click on the relevant button to start the meeting. If not, the meeting booking will be cancelled (according to the release setting). If Card has been enabled (See above) user must also present his employee card and be registered depending on the settings above.
- The room/resource will be reserved (Display Reserved Status) the number of minutes before the event is to take place, allowing people to ie arrive, sit down etc. The reserved status will be displayed only if a previous booking is not finished immediately before (back-to-back).
Release (If unused)
- If "Start Using" (See above) is set to "user" (manual check-in), the resource will be released after x minutes after the event is meant to start and free for anyone to book.
- Tags are for Searching and Grouping in the OMNI UX
- The red X is to delete the Doorsign from the Database
- Save is to Save the relevant Information to the Database.