To show content published in DatabeatOMNI on a Philips Public Display using Android, you need to install and configure the OMNIplay app. Here´s how to do it
- Philips Android Public Display and the Philips remote
- Valid License key (from DatabeatOMNI)
- Internet Connection
Steps to follow
- Inspect. First, check for damage to the packaging. Take a picture of the packaging before unpacking if you suspect any damage.
- Unpack. Carefully unpack the public display and check it for any physical damage. Take pictures of the screen and report damages immediately.
- Mount. The screen must be mounted properly for the ventilation to work. The warranty will be broken and invalid if mounted incorrectly. The "tag" with the Samsung logo should be to the right if landscape or face down if portrait (rotate clockwise 90 degrees).
Stage 1 - First, setup the Philips screen
- Turn on the Philips Screen, and wait until you see the Welcome menu.
- Choose a language, and press Start
- Choose Wi-fi or Ethernet connection, press next
- If Wi-fi is chosen, Find you wireless network and enter the password.
- If Ethernet is chosen, choose DHCP and press next
- Signage Display settings, press Skip
- Setup is complete, press Finish
Stage 2 - Install Databeat OMNIplay app on the screen
To install the OMNI app for Philips you need to enter the Android menu.
- Press Home button - 1888 - OK
- Choose Settings in the menu
- Date & time
- Select Time Zone
- Choose your Time Zone
- Go back to the Android menu
- Choose apps in the menu.
- Open the browser Chromium
- Enter the URL https://www.databeatomni.net/android to install the app.
This type of file can harm your device Do you want to keep omniplay anyway - Press ok. This is because the omniplay app is not an certified app by Google
- Exit the Chromium
- Open File manager
- Open the folder: Storage/sdcard0/Download and open the file omniplay-xxx.apk
- Press Next and OMNIPlay will be installed.
- Press Open and the OMNIPlay app will start.
- Enter the Licence ID and press Save
- The app will restart the first time and you will be asked to Activate device administrator
- Press Activate.
The OMNIPlay app is now installed
Downloaded content will soon start to play.