To show content published in DatabeatOMNI on a LG Public Display, you need to install the OMNIPlay app. This is how to prepare and configure the LG 22" monitor (LG22SM3B).
Do you have an LG monitor running WebOS 4.0? Read more on how to OMNIplay on LG WebOS 4.0 here.
Table of content
- LG WebOS 2.0 monitor and the LG remote
- LG WebOS
- Internet Connection
- License key from DatabeatOMNI
Transport, unpacking, and mounting
- Inspect. First, check for damage to the packaging. Take a picture of the packaging before unpacking if you suspect any damage.
- Unpack. Carefully unpack the public display and check it for any physical damage. Take pictures of the screen and report damages immediately.
- Mount. The screen must be appropriately mounted for the ventilation to work. The warranty will be broken and invalid if installed incorrectly. Rotate the display clockwise to show content in portrait.
Setup and Installation
Step 1: Set Language and Country
- Set Language
- Set Region and Country
- The English Language is the default
Step 2: Connect to the network
- Press Settings on Remote
- Choose advanced settings
- Choose Network in the menu
- If a wired connection is used, this setup is not necessarily.
- LG Monitor connects automatically to a wired network
- IF Wi-fi Connection is used
- Wi-fi Connection -> set Wifi- password
Step 3: "Auto Power Off" setting
- Press Settings on remote
- Choose Advanced -> OK
- Choose General
- Choose Timers
- "Auto Power Off " set to “Off.”
Step 4: Accessing Server settings
- Hold down “Settings” on remote, 5-8 sec.
- Message box in the upper right will appear
- Press “8080” and “OK” and to access server settings
Step 5: Application Launch Mode
- Set to “On”
Step 6: Fully Qualified Domain Name
- Set to “Local”
Step 7: Enter the OMNI URL in the text box
- Enter the full URL address for WebOS:
Step 8: Application type
- Set to IPK.
- Press “OK” on the remote
IPK is the LG WebOS extension like androids APK
Step 9: Local Application Upgrade
- Set to “REMOTE”
- Press “OK” on remote
- After this setting, the system will ask to upgrade/download the application from the server.
Step 10: Upgrade complete
- Press “OK” in the dialog box
- The system will reboot, and download/upgrade the application.
Step 11: License Key
- URL Launcher
- Enter License Key
- “Submit” -> OK
- Press  if Databeat OMNI is not displayed.
- License Key must be correct (Check PO/order)
License Key = PlayerID = Player Name
Step 12: Verify the last steps before completion
- Network Standby enabled
- Eco Solution disabled
- Auto starts Databeat application
- Content downloaded and playing
- Label both display and packaging
Use the LG Remote:
Settings/Advanced/Picture/Smart Energy Saving=Off
Reboot to verify automatic start of OMNI play
Press  for media plan and download status
Label info: Player Name and Customer
Now, your LG22" is ready configured, and DatabeatOMNI is now installed.
If no content is displayed, please check for information on screen. Press  on the remote control for mediaplan and status. Read more on how to troubleshoot this issue here.