In this article you will learn how to install and configure the OMNIplay app on a Samsung Tizen public display with SSSP10 for use with DatabeatOMNI.
Tip: Verify that you have a Samsung public display that is running Tizen (SSP10)
Which Smart Signage Platform (SSP) version does my Samsung public display model have?
Table of contents
- Step 1: Before you begin
- Step 2: Install OMNIplay
- Step 3: Configure
Step 1: Before you begin
Please ensure you have the correct and necessary requirements before you begin.
- Samsung Tizen (SSP10) public display.
- Samsung remote with charged batteries. Read more.
- Power cable and socket available.
- Internet via cable or Wi-Fi credentials. Read more
- OMNIplay license key. Read more
Transport, unpacking, and mounting
- Inspect. First, check for damage to the packaging. Take a picture of the packaging before unpacking if you suspect any damage.
- Unpack. Carefully unpack the public display and check it for any physical damage. Take pictures of the screen and report damages immediately.
- Mount. The screen must be mounted properly for the ventilation to work. The warranty may be broken and invalid if mounted incorrectly. Rotate the screen clockwise to show content in portrait.
Please contact your reseller or administrator if you have any issues.
Step 2: Install OMNIplay
First time use. Starting up the device for the first time you will be prompted with the default language and country selection. However, if you are not prompted with this, the device may have been used previously and we recommend doing a factory reset to avoid any issues. Learn how to factory reset here your Samsung public display here.
1. Select Hi! in Menu Language.
2. Connect to internet.
3. Confirm or skip privacy notice.
4. Select Basic setup in installation type.
5. Select Auto in display orientation.
6. Select Off in Auto Power Off.
7. Select Custom App Play via and insert https://www.databeatomni.net/tizen
Warning! All letters in the url has to be lower case.
8. Select Next with right arrow on the remote.
9. Select Skip in Connect to RM Server.
10. Input Date & Time in Set current time.
11. Set or skip pin.
12. Your Samsung SMART Signage is now ready to use.
Samsung tooltipbar will now prompt. Manually start the app with Custom App. The app will download and launch when completed.
11. Add the license key when the app is installed. (Example: NOABCD0001A)
The license key is unique and should only be connected to one device.
You may find your license key in DatabeatOMNI.
[Locations - OMNIplayer]
12. The setup is complete.
Step 3: Configuration
- Activate AutoPowerON: [Menu - System - Power Options - AutoPowerOn=On]
The Samsung public display is successfully configured with OMNIplay, congrats!
If configured in DatabeatOMNI, it will start to play content and report to DatabeatOMNI for remote administration. If not then press CH to select channel or log into your DatabeatOMNI account to manage your new OMNIplayer.
If you have any issues, want to learn more, or need custom settings on the device you will find some useful information below. Contact Databeat Support if you need further assistance.
- Entered the wrong license key? Press 0 to change.
- Don't have a license key? Check your DatabeatOMNI account or ask your reseller.
- Turning off due to service hours? Check Time & date settings, time zone and of course service hours for the location the OMNIplayer is registered to in DatabeatOMNI.
- Turning off due to inactivity (default 4 hours)? Set Auto Power Off to Off in Power Control.
No valid or active content on screen?
- Press 3 to check the mediaplan and see if the content is available/downloading.
- Press CH on the remote and select a channel with active content.
- Verify the license key, press 0 to change.
- Log into DatabeatOMNI and verify active content and settings for the OMNIplayer.
- Verify network connection, time & date settings, firmware, and URL.
- Contact your Reseller or Databeat Support.