In this article you will learn how to install and configure the OMNIplay app on a Samsung Tizen 7.0 public display for use with DatabeatOMNI.
Samsung Tizen 7.0 is a brand OS-version and you need to ensure that firmware is up to date. We have seen issues, especially for Rotation to Portrait and video playback.
As Samsung will release fixes for the issues in upcoming Firmwares, to keep you going we have been hard at work creating some temporary solutions. Please keep us up to date if you have acquired a Tizen 7.0 device already and have unsolved issues.
Tip: Verify that you have a Samsung public display that is running Tizen 7.0
Which Smart Signage Platform (SSP) version does my Samsung public display model have?
Table of contents
Step 1: Before you begin
Please ensure you have the correct and necessary requirements before you begin.
- Samsung Tizen 7.0 public display.
- Samsung remote with charged batteries. Read more.
- Power cable and socket available.
- Internet via cable or Wi-Fi credentials. Read more
- OMNIplay license key. Read more
Transport, unpacking, and mounting
- Inspect. First, check for damage to the packaging. Take a picture of the packaging before unpacking if you suspect any damage.
- Unpack. Carefully unpack the public display and check it for any physical damage. Take pictures of the screen and report damages immediately.
- Mount. The screen must be mounted properly for the ventilation to work. The warranty may be broken and invalid if mounted incorrectly. Rotate the screen clockwise to show content in portrait.
Please get in touch with your reseller or administrator if you have any issues.
Step 2: Install OMNIplay
First Time Use (Brand new with factory reset settings) or Samsung Menu.
Samsung Menu. If the device has been configured already, or used previously, you will not be prompted with device settings.
First Time Use. Starting up the device for the first time you will be prompted with the default language and country selection. However, if you are not prompted with this, the device may have been used previously and we recommend doing a factory reset to avoid any issues.
Learn how to factory reset your Samsung public display.
1. Select Hi! in Menu Language.
2. Connect to your network in Set up Network.
3. Confirm or skip Smart Signage Privacy Notice.
4. Select Manual Setup in Installation Type.
5. Select Landscape or Portrait in display orientation based on the device orientation.
NB! Do not select Auto. (Auto rotation API does not work correctly.)
6. Select Custom App in Player Selection and insert https://www.databeatomni.net/tizen
Warning! All letters in the url has to be lower case.
7. Select Next with right arrow on the remote.
8. Select Skip in Connect to RM Server.
9. Select Off in Auto Power Off.
10. Verify correct Date & Time in Set Current Time.
11. Set or skip pin.
12. Your Samsung SMART Signage is now ready to use.
13. Select Features and Custom App from the Samsung Home Menu.
The app will download and launch when completed.
14. Input your license key. (Example: NOABCD0001A)
The license key is unique and should only be connected to one device.
You may find your license key in DatabeatOMNI from [Locations - OMNIplayer].
15 . Verify configuration and move OMNIplayer to production.
Please verify that the registered license key and the channel selection are correct. (Read more)
Optional: Press the blue D-button to configure OMNIpower.
Required: Press the green B-button to complete the installation.
Wrong license key? Press 0 to change.
Don't have a license key? Check your DatabeatOMNI account.
Step 3: Configuration
- Activate AutoPowerON: [Menu - System - Power Control - AutoPowerOn=On]
The Samsung public display is successfully configured with OMNIplay, congrats!
If you have any issues, want to learn more, or need custom settings on the device you will find some useful information below. Contact Databeat Support if you need further assistance.
The downloading process of OMNIplay does not start automatically.
- Start manually with Home - Custom App
Unable to connect to the server?
- Verify the correct URL, Date & time and network connection.
The display has been used previously.
Turning off due to service hours?
- Check Time & Date settings, time zone and service hours in DatabeatOMNI.
Turning off due to inactivity (default 4 hours)?
- Set Auto Power Off to Off in Power Control.
No valid content in selected channel?
- Press CH on the remote and select a channel with active content.
- Press 3 to check the mediaplan and see if the content is available/downloading.
- Log into your DatabeatOMNI account to manage your new OMNIplayer.
- Verify firmware and mediafile compatilibily for your device.
- Contact your Reseller or Databeat Support.
If you misconfigured to Auto and completed the setup?
- Press Source and select HDMI1. Allow the device to load a couple of seconds.
- Press Menu and select Display Settings.
- Select Display Orientation and set rotation to Landscape/Portrait depending on the installation. (Set. Format to Auto or Original.)
- Press Home and select Custom app (Press OK) to start the OMNIplay app.
Everything should look correct now if the selected channel matches the orientation.