In this article you will learn how to install and configure the OMNIplay app on a LG webOS signage monitor for use with DatabeatOMNI.
Table of contents
- Before you begin
- First-time use
- Install & Configure
Before you begin
Please ensure you have the correct and necessary requirements before you begin.
Transport, unpacking, and mounting
- Inspect. First, check for damage to the packaging. Take a picture of the packaging before unpacking if you suspect any damage.
- Unpack. Carefully unpack the public display and check it for any physical damage. Take pictures of the screen and report damages immediately.
- Mount. The screen must be mounted properly for the ventilation to work. The warranty may be broken and invalid if mounted incorrectly. Rotate the screen clockwise to show content in portrait.
Please contact your reseller or administrator if you have any issues.
When starting up the device for the first time you will be prompted to select the type of setup.
You may skip this step if you are prompted with the default setup at launch.
However, if you are not prompted with this, the device may have been used previously, and we recommend doing a factory reset. This is important in order to prepare the device for a default setup.
The factory reset process varies from the different webOS signage versions.
Menu - Admin - Factory Reset
Hold settings 8 sec - 0000 - OK - Signage Setup - Factory Reset
Install & Configure
LG webOS signage has multiple versions, and the installation process for OMNIplay is different from for each version. Before you install we recommend that you find out which webOS your model has.
Click here to see which webOS signage version your model has.
Now that you know which webOS your signage display has, you can go ahead and select the proper installation guide for your model.
If you have any issues, want to learn more, or need custom settings on the device you will find some useful information below. Contact Databeat Support if you need further assistance.
Initially we stated that you would require a license key, commonly referred to as playerID or player name, to be able to play and schedule content from DatabeatOMNI. The license key is unique, and has to be input after installation to identify and retrieve your OMNIplay configuration.
Here are some of the most common issues and questions regarding the license key.
- Don't have a license key? Follow this guide to order one.
- Can't find the license key? Check your DatabeatOMNI account or ask your reseller.
- Change license key? Press 0 to change.
- No valid channel subscription? Follow this guide for troubleshooting.
- Is your display turning off due to service hours?
- Time & Date settings. Menu - System - Date & Time - Clock Set
- Verify service hours set for your location in DatabeatOMNI.
- Time-sensitive content (Expired content displaying or released content not displaying)
- Time & Date settings. Menu - System - Date & Time - Clock Set.
- Administer scheduling on media files in DatabeatOMNI.